<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Father Boyno's miraculous Sto. Niño 

*Note: I just copied this article from the Philippine Daily Inquirer website as a record of a favorite article of Mr. Licauco. PDI does not keep a record of their articles for more than a week anymore so if you want to read the article later on, there is no way to do that. So here is a copy of my favorite article.

Inner Awareness : Father Boyno's miraculous Sto. Niño

Updated 09:04pm (Mla time) Aug 23, 2004 By Jaime Licauco
Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on page D3 of the August 24, 2004 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer


Part II

ON MY last evening in Tagbilaran, Father Boyno insisted on seeing me because he wanted to show me a picture that he said he considered strange, without elaborating or even telling me what the picture was all about. He drove to Tagbilaran from his parish in Panglao just to give me that picture.

What was it? It was a picture of the 4 ft-high Sto. Niño de Panglao statue, which he had commissioned and was installed in his parish church. He told me to meditate on it and to tell him what I thought of it.

With all the last-minute activities I had to do, I wasn't able to concentrate on the picture. It was only after I returned to Manila that I had the chance to meditate on it. What I discovered was mind-boggling!

Merely looking at the picture of the Sto. Niño de Panglao already gave me strong vibrations or energy. When I went into the alpha level of my brainwaves, that is, in a most relaxed and receptive mode, with eyes half-closed, I saw something I did not expect to see.

Changing face

As I stared at it, the face began to change rapidly from that of a boy to a grownup woman, to a man, to what looked like a bearded king, then to the Blessed Virgin, then a man of different faces, then a child again. At some point the statue even winked at me.

So I hurriedly sent a text message to Father Boyno, "That statue is alive!"
In his reply he said: "I thought I was just imagining it when I saw him smile at me. I was not the only one who saw it." Father Boyno also said a Filipino immigrant to the United States told him he dreamed for one week of the Sto. Niño of Panglao, who told the US-based Pinoy he did not want to be forgotten.

Elves

Malou Lamoste said she had prayed the novena to the Sto. Niño de Panglao and swore, "It works." When I showed the picture to my secretaries, Emma de los Angeles and Antonette Sunga, and businessman and martial arts instructor Romy Macapagal, who is also an IMAP graduate, they all said their heads swelled. Romy saw the changing faces of the Sto. Niño, and Emma even saw an elf on each side of the statue.

Father Boyno was happy to have someone confirm what he experienced with the Sto. Niño. He was afraid to tell anybody for fear they might think he was out of his mind. But with growing testimonies from other people who had also experienced strange phenomena with the Sto. Niño, pretty soon people would believe such manifestations and would consider the statue to be really extraordinary and miraculous. They might not be able to explain what was happening.

As Shakespeare said: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?